Friday, September 26, 2008

Hungry Jack`s Quadstacker

After all the press, and against my better judgement, I journeyed out to the sophisticated Hungry Jacks at Herston to meet the GBST boys and to sample the 71g`s of fat that is the hungry jacks quadstacker. 4 patties of beef, 4 slices of plastic cheese, HJ`s fake ass bacon and some BBQ sauce. Approaching the counter I felt wrong, like what I imagine its like for a married man walking into a brothel. All kinds of wrong. What was further unsettling was the disinterest of the waitress when I placed my sinful order. It was all too easy. Below is what I unwrapped.

It was smaller than I expected, a whole heap of fat and lard wrapped up in a small dishevelled package, a proton enegry pill of grease if you like.
In all truth the first bite or 2 of burger tasted pretty good - as you might imagine. Tasted just like a bacon double cheeseburger with the addition of some smokey bbq sauce which was tasty. Laurie ate one of these, large fries and a large coke to wash it all down. He looked a bit green at the end. I had a coating of grease over my mouth and face that felt like it took days to get rid of.
In the end I was kind to myself and pulled out a couple of patties and the bacon and ate the rest - saving myself a few g`s of fat. Overall a pretty bad burger due to the grease that would have sold very well due to the publicity - 3.5/10

No comments: