Saturday, August 23, 2008

Coronet Peak Beef Burger, Coronet Peak, NZ

Ski resort cafeterias are always overpriced and the food they serve up is generally average at best. When I had the choice between some couple of hour old dry pizza slices, Nitrite enriched bacon bit enhanced hot dogs, sloppy pies or a burger, I took the obvious choice.

Behold . . . . . The Coronet Peak Beef Burger
I was`nt expecting much, but this was awesome for the price and a great mid ski choice I can highly recommend. At $9.50NZ ( bout $8oz ) The burger came with - caramelised onion, beetroot, fancy hydro lettuce not purple, beetroot purple, some relish and I couldve sworn it was topped with a slice of cheese. The pattie was a suprising 18mm thick, and although was obviously frozen microwave defrosted perhaps quickly grilled - was juicy and tasty and satisfied my hunger in the cold conditions. The relish was tangy and topped the burger off nicely.



Swap out the white bun, and grill the pattie more this could`ve scored higher. But for snow resort, the Coronet Peak Beef Burger punches above its weight receiving a 6.5.

No comments: