Saturday, August 23, 2008

Speights Alehouse - Invercargill NZ

On our Trip to Queenstown for the annual snowboard mission, we cruised the couple of hours further south to visit Viv and her kids down in sunny Invercargill. Invercargills claims to fame are that it has a giant 'The Warehouse' store, and also a Burger King. Whilst Burger King beckoned ( well, not really) we headed out to the newly opened speights alehouse for dinner and I was excited to find they had a gourmet beef burger on the menu, which i promptly ordered with a minimum of indecision.Obviously with such a difficult order, when the meals came out this is what I received


I was kind of unsure, because on the menu it said 'tender beef steak', and of cultural sensitivities and quirks etcetera etcetera, but luckily I`d photographed the menu and saw that the white bread sandwich slices could no way constitute a 'Monster Bun' so they`d brought me a steak sandwich instead. I`d already eaten half of it so I let it slide, but serving a professional hamburger reviewer a steak sandwich does not win you any points. A niceish steak sandwich though nonetheless.



Speights Alehouse Invercargill Gourmet Beef Burger - 0 / 10 points.

No comments: