Friday, March 14, 2008

Moo & Cheese - Chimi Burger Fortitude Valley

Late Friday night on post work drinks I needed to eat - the lads opted for the kebab stand - I thought it a good opportunity to document Chimi`s. I`d eaten here twice before, both times soaking drunk, and both times super satisfied. I`ve taken a couple of shots of the menu so you can read about the famous Chimi deep fried burger. The last time I was here Brent ordered one unknowingly: I don`t think he could focus enough to read the menu- he did`nt realize he was getting a paper wrapped heart attack. It tasted like a donut from memory - and I did`nt envy his task of getting that travesty down his gullet.
Chimi`s Menu


Artery Hardening Baby - note the warning

But that story is his to tell - this was another night and another time. Call me soft but I went for a Moo & Cheese. At $8 a pop its well priced amongst kebab / pizza slice land, and you can satisfy your burger lust til late - chimis is conveniently situated midway down Brunswick St mall.


Your Humble Host
Messy, me and the burger both

So how was the burger? the pattie itself tasted burnt. There was way too much relish on the burger and the bread did`nt seem real fresh. The salad was - red onion is always an enhancer.
2/3rd of the way thru the burger fell apart - there was relish and mayo everywhere an 2 napkins could`nt soak up all the mess . I wrapped up about an 8ball of excess relish and spilt onions and crap. The burger was enough to fill a hole - messy as hell and burnt, but still edible and I`m sure set a good foundation for the next half dozen beers. On this particular night Chimi`s scored a 6.5 - if I was sober I might have only given it a 5. But compared to whats around it is a good late night option.

1 comment:

BeerFoodBrisbane said...

Hey mate! We have Chimi's every Friday night and thoroughly enjoy it. I'm a huge fan of the sweet potato fries and the burgers are not too bad either.

We went there last week on Friday night and it was closed. I hope it's not gone :(