Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Benno Burger

Let me tell you a story - There`s this place called Diner33 at Taringa that cooked us an awesome burger late last year. This was pre losing my old nokia and buying my sony ericsson phone with a decent camera which lets me photograph the good food you see on this blog. Anyways this burger was Fan f***n tastic. Around the table everyone was giving it scores like 9, 10, 11.
Unreal. 1824 Angus beef or something from memory? big fat ass burgers on wholemealy buns in a quality setting - good beers - good times.
So we decided to go back to resample and re-rate these burgers for the purposes of officialdom.
Making the Diner33 the best burger we`ve had with no photo evidence just does`nt cut it now does it friends? maybe back in the 1900`s when you`d gather around the wireless to hear tales from afar and use your imagination to fill in the gaps.

But in this age of information you need pictures! Anyway, I think they have closed down. Their phone number is disconnected, not listed in the whitepages. I even emailed them. Their site says they are closed for christmas but yeah its like mid january. I fear Diner33 at Taringa might be nothing but a good memory. It is a pig of a location after all. We went to chinese down the road and it was good - we had the banquet - but thats a story for another blog.

So after the disappointment of Wednesdays brewhouse sandwich, and friday`s Diner33 disappointment, I had to cook up some homestyle burger lovin.
Three patties of love baby - thats jarlsberg cheese for the record
I must say I`m a recent convert to Beetroot, but it sets
the burger off BIG TIME. Thats Beerenberg tomato chutney
for saucing, I also had some noosa sweet habanero underneath,
with some type of expensive real mayonnaise on the lettuce.

The Benno Burger!

So what does a burger connoisseur really want? Something like this friends - and this picture is all about the burger pattie. That pattie is an inch thick. Its got onion and a clove of garlic in it. Cut up fresh parsley, pinch of cumin, paprika, sumac, chili, pepper and salt. plus an egg,red wine and mesquite smoke! Delicious. I can`t rate my own burgers - that would`nt be sportsmanlike, but my lovely lady gave her burger a 8, but she is rating against other ones I`ve made, like my Benchmark burger which she gave a 9.5, god bless her.


No comments: