Saturday, January 12, 2008

Brewhouse Burger, The Brewhouse


The Brewhouse is located on Albert Street in the City. We ventured up there on a wednesday lunchtime to see what was to be had. I had previously googled 'Parrots Gourmet Burger`s' Which was meant to be on Elizabeth Street - but all paul's recon turned up was 'Adult World'. FurBurgers perhaps?
Not today friends.
I sighted the 'Brewhouse Burger' on the menu -
Slow roasted pork rib meat, chicken breast , peperoni among other things - The siren`s sang to me on this one. So I ordered it along with a pint of pure blonde - low carbs you understand.

Well we sat and drank our beers in the brewhouse hall waiting for our burgers - The brewhouse brew a whole range of beers in-house. Ive been known to sip a few bohemian pilseners here on previous visits - I highly recommend them. The Brewhouse pizza`s are also quite impressive, if not a tad greasy. But thats a story for another blog.

So my 'Burger' was brought out to my table and I thought they were joking. Club sandwich would be a better description or something - but a burger is a streth - definition of a burger is that there is a burger pattie somewhere between those slabs of bread.
But have a look at my salad burger?


Where's the meat? I`d usually leave the wedges but due to the lack of meat on my plate I actually ate them all.
To be fair, the 50g of rib meat was real tasty when I was lucky enough to get some in a bite - But for this to be your pubs signature burger you have got to be on some serious antidepressant medication screwing up your brain and appetite.
Go on, click on the picture to make it bigger.
Locating a chunk of meat is like a where`s wally picture. The 'Chicken Breast' was actually a couple of chunks of cut up chicken. This was a salad sandwich at best.

Burger Safari gives this 'burger' a 3.

Nice salad sandwich though!

No comments: